Edgemoor Neighborhood Association
Monthly Board Meeting
March 6th, 2014
The meeting was called to order by ENA President, Lylene Johnson at Fairhaven Middle School at 7:00pm. Barbara Levin, ENA Board Member recorded the minutes for this meeting.
Guest Presenter: Jon Shaughnessy: “Bellingham Village”/Aging In Place Idea:
Jon described the development of a program in Bellingham modeled after the ideas of the Boston Hill Village that started approximately fifteen years ago. The program is designed to assist “Village” members who desire to stay in their homes. Members design and govern their own “Village” and much of the work/assistance in the homes is provided by volunteers. There appears to be strong support for this type of program in Bellingham according to the number of attendees at the meeting held at the Bellingham Senior Citizens Center. Those seeking more information can call Jon at 360-671-0248 or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Presenter: Officer Jeremy Harper (Bellingham Police Department Anti-Crime Task Force)
Officer Harper reported on the Block Watch program as well as a recent home burglary in Edgemoor. The Speed Watch Trailer may soon be back in service.
ENA Official Business Items:
The Minutes of the February 6th, 2014 ENA meeting were approved as written.
Treasurer’s Report: Lylene reported that the current balance (Diane MacLean treasurer’s statement) is $1,832.21.
The 3/6/14 ENA meeting agenda was approved.
1. The Sewage Treatment Plant is in the process of completing the ground work on the property. An Open House is scheduled for 3/7/14.
2. CCFMPD: The property tax statements issued to residents do include the amount levied for the park district.
1. Neighborhood Traffic Issues: Focus on Speeding: Lylene asked attendees for suggestions to reduce the incidence of speeding cars in the neighborhood. The following were recommended:
· Speed Bumps
· Property “Slow Down” Message Signs that could be moved periodically to prevent drivers accommodating to their presence and location on the property.
· Talking to neighbors about speeding concerns and reporting speeding incidents on Nextdoor Edgemoor
· Four-way stop signs at designated intersections
· Invite the Bellingham Police Department’s Traffic Sergeant to attend an ENA meeting
2. The Downtown Planning Meeting will take place 3/27/14.
The ENA meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm.